Rent a Metal Detector in South Africa
Have you lost a sentimental ring or item of jewelry? Perhaps a waterproof camera or car keys were lost in a dam?
Don’t pay for a metal detector that you will only use once! There is no guarantee that your lost item will be recovered.
Rather rent a metal detector from Metal Detector SA.
– We will courier the detector to you anywhere in South Africa.
– You can also collect and Drop off from our Johannesburg branch.
Checklist to decide if hiring a metal detector is for you?
- Item was lost outdoors. (metal detectors do not work indoors).
- You have a fair idea where the item was lost. (somewhere on a game farm will not be useful).
- The area it was lost is fairly clean. (areas covered in litter will send you on endless wild goose-chases.)
- Do a thorough visual search of the area with a few friends in a grid pattern before renting.
The item was lost in water?
- If it was lost in fresh water less than about 4 feet deep then any metal detector will help you.
- A pond with a metal bottom or mesh bottom will stop a detector from working.
- All metal detectors are waterproof up to the control box. (the control box may not get wet.)
- If you have lost the item in deep water and you need to wade or dive to search then renting a fully waterproof metal detector like a Minelab Excalibur II (fully waterproof to 200 feet).
- If you list the item in the Surf or “wet” at the beach then a n Excalibur 2 will cope much better with salt water and avoid false signals.
- All detectors operate very well in dry beach sand.
I don’t want to hire a Metal detector – what can I do?
- You can ask for assistance on our Facebook page.
- If a club member is available in your area then they may be able to assist you.
We have helped many people find lost wedding rings and cameras though our metal detector hire service.
Don’t Fling that Ring!