Garrett Ace 350 Metal Detector (Euro Ace) versus Ace 250 Metal Detector.
Interested in the new Ace 350? Want a comparison between the Ace 250 and the Ace 350? Well give you some tips and advice to help you decide which Ace is the one for you.
You can read all about the Ace 250 here. The differences between the two machines are listed below.
Note: The Ace 350 is also often called the Euro Ace for the international market. The Euro Ace metal detector has South African measurements and markings like cm’s.
What are the differences between the Ace 250 and the Ace 350?
- 11 Inch Double D Proformance Search-coil: The Ace 350 comes standard with a new Double D coil. The double D coil allows the Ace 350 to perform better with the following.
- Ace 350 Copes better with mineralised soil conditions. The Double D coil traditionally copes better with harsh soil conditions.
- Ace 350 allows for better target separation due to the hot strip down the middle. The detector can more easily discern the position of 2 targets that are close together.
- Depth: The Ace 350 has the edge but only slightly. Many users can barely tell the difference in depth. (see the comparison video below for an air test comparison).
- Target ID: some report that the target ID can be a bit more jumpy on the Ace 350.
- Frequency: The Ace 350 works of a higher frequency (8.25 Khz compared to 6.5 Khz). THis allows the 350 to be more sensitive to smaller targets like small coins or tiny gold nuggets. However this is still too low a frequency to be a good gold prospector. This is designed to be a hobby machine like the Ace 250.
- Iron Discrimination: The Ace 350 has 4 iron discrimination segment compared to the Ace 250’s 2 segments. Thus the 350 can tell a greater difference between various types of iron. This may be handy for Boer War relic hunters who at times may want to go for specific iron targets.
The Ace 350 has some slight advantages over the Ace 250 as mentioned above however these come at a price. Although the Ace 350 is still an entry level detector and it is very economical the price performance ratio is probably still best on the Ace 250. It is all a question of value. Are the small benefits of the 350 worth the price increase as compared to the Ace 250. We wil let you decide.
Garrett Ace 350 instructional Video.
Take a look at this Garrett Ace 350 instructional video. This is the 1st of 8 in the instruction video range for the 350.
Garrett Ace 250 Versus Ace 350 depth test.
A crude air test done by a Garrett Ace user shows some of the depth differences you may experience when using the 350 compared to the Ace 250.